Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: Thinking Outside the Box

I am toying with the idea of making Thursdays be a regular series of posts.
Of course I have to give it a cheeseball alliterative name because that's how I roll, people.

So Thrifty Thursdays are, from here until eternity
(or until I change my mind for the umpteenth million time)
going to be regular weekly posts about my thrifty ideas or thrifty finds.

Here's my first Thrifty Thursday idear.
(That's 'idea' but fancied up with a country accent because it's really the only accent I can do well.)

This thrifty project is a use-what-you-have type because those are my most favoritest!

These stacked boxes were atop my husband's nightstand.

I dumped all of his junk that was in the smaller box into the larger, bottom one that already had a bunch of his other junk in it.

Then I put the bottom part of the box into the top drawer of my nightstand.

It holds my favorite nighttime hand lotion that's smells really super good that I have to use sparingly because its discontinued, cough drops that taste like rot gut whiskey, a booklight and sticky notes for tagging ideas in decorating books or writing down all the random crap that you forget during the day but then remember just as you're about to fall asleep, and Chapstick because I hate going to bed with dry lips.

Then I used the lid as a tray on top of my nightstand!

And it's all texture-y and wood-y (those are highly technical decorating terms) which helped my nightstand area feel more finished because now it has my standard 6 elements of design.

And it was free!

So be sure to check back next Thursday for another Thrifty Thursday.
Unless I decide to change Thursdays to something else that can be alliterated.

Like Therapy Thursdays.

Where I just unload all my mind's ramblings (scary!)


À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney


No comments:

Post a Comment